Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Wedding Party Ladies...Visual Aids

So, while we have a HUGE wedding party and we are mixing the girls and boys between "sides" (we both hate having to choose who gets to be on who's side...), we aren't really have the whole grand procession. Hence, matching dresses aren't really necessary. However, I do want a theme adhered to so that everyone knows who the wedding party is.

This post is about the ladies. Gentlemen will come later =) Oh, and by the way, we haven't contacted all of wedding party just yet as to who will be in it, so if you are reading this, saddened without a request, don't fret.

All the girls are to wear black dresses. I'd like short to "just past knee" length, but that's the only really restriction. I love the retro/cocktail/party dress feeling, but it's essentially up to the individual. I don't mind textures, embellishments, or anything like that, but they must be ALL black. However, I find that it's MUCH easier for people if there's something to go off of...and here are some great examples!





I'd like black shoes, as well. Flat, pumps, whatever! Again...here come the visual aids:



Now, to tie them all together and to pay homage to my favorite jewelry designer, I have been collecting pink elements by Tarina Tarantino for the ladies to wear. Jewelry will be provided for you, so no worries about getting anything! These pieces aren't the exact ones I have, but these are VERY close to the pieces I've got so far.

4 comments:

  1. Tracy, I'm so excited to be in the wedding! I'm such a dork that I already picked out a couple of possible outfits from these you posted even before Joe asked me. I'm gonna try to post them here, but I haven't figured out how yet. How do you post polyvore sets?? Since you're the fashion queen and the bride, I want to know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss lady, I am so gonna need your help finding a dress...and flats...and pretty much everything else.
    :-)
    I'll probably go do Aveda to get my hair/make-up did, so I'll have to get your opinions on that at a later date.

    PS-squeal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to need help! I just sent mom this link so she can help me but I will probably send things to you for approval before buying.

    But I do already have cute black shoes, so yay for that! And I have super-short hair now so that's easy, and then I just have to figure out makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you guys if you need ANY help, send your size and general price range and I'll send you some stuff. <3
    Yay! You guys will all look HAWT!

    ReplyDelete