Saturday, April 25, 2009

Decisions...I FINALLY MADE SOME!



I made a lil' Polyvore set of my favorite elements so I could see how they work together. I came up with something I'm pleased with and it's time to start buyin' up the goods. So far, I've gotten the plates, the long candle holders, the flatware, and the cups. I also go these adorable napkins that for some reason wouldn't show up on my Polyvore. Today I will finish getting the diamonds, buckets, and perhaps candles.

Yesterday, my friend Frankie, who's also engaged, and I went into downtown to get some Wedding related goodness. I found a wonderful fabric for my shrug and reception accents...an embroidered silk. However, it's colors scheme means that my reception dress will be the same material as my formal dress...which I love, so it's all good. We also found a supplier of the gorgeous, vintage style veiling so that we can create our own veils for a fraction of the price that over-priced bridal companies charge. The veiling is hard to find, but I got people on the INSIDE. It's most likely the reason that people can charge so much for pieces made out of it....that and ANYTHING bridal related is automatically inflated.

Anyways...off to purchase goodies!

2 comments:

  1. are you still using the Urban Outfitters vases?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! But the way Polyvore works, you have to use an image with a plain white background...and I couldn't find one for either vase. They are small, so they are mostly accents. Gotta spray paint 'em too when I go to Ohio in June.

    ReplyDelete