Saturday, April 18, 2009

Tokidoki themes

Tokidoki's art is a jam-packed landscape of cartoon-y fun...filled with hundreds of different elements to create a whimsical, joyful feeling. That's the type of vibe I'd like to incorporate. His art has several different themes that are very prominent throughout years of work. Some, I've figured out how to incorporate and some, I'm not sure I should. I want to throw them out there to see if any of your creative brains can come up with something magical. I have faith =)

Here are just a few:
- Diamonds (often with cartoon faces, but hey)
Photobucket
These will be easy...there already on some of the vases and, the always fun, huge table decor diamonds
Photobucket
- Lollipops in the candy bar and maybe even the table decor! You can get them in so many colors, swirl patterns, and sizes!
Photobucket
- Cherry Blossoms - most likely these will be in the cake AND I'd love to find trees for the ceremony spot...but I'm not sure how likely this will be for Ohio in October. I found LED trees, but I can't decide if that's ridiculously fun or ridiculously yikes.
Photobucket
- Wraped Candy (well, vampire wrapped candy) - in the candy bar and maybe table decorations?
- Sparrows
- Stars
- Hearts (Balloons!)
- Clouds - Rainbows - Lightning
Photobucket
- Skulls
- Music (Records, notes, MP3 players, boomboxes)
- Cows
- Daisies
- Milk Cartons
- Pink Haired Ladies (CHECK!)

Now, obviously, I do not want a cow decorations. But, if anything inspires you guys, I'd love to hear it!

2 comments:

  1. here's another idea that is either horrible or excellent but i have to throw it out there. little lollipops in the bouquets??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is EXCELLENT and will most likely happen with the table decor. I found these long stem heart lollipops that will pop in fabulously. <3

    ReplyDelete