Saturday, March 7, 2009

General Details So Far!

Okay, I started this blog to keep lots of my thoughts in the same place, plus to provide a information to those who are interested in the process/planning of our weirdo wedding.

So far, we are having the wedding on October 31st in Cincinnati, OH. We are having the ceremony and reception in a lodge just a few minutes from my brother's place. It will be a VERY big help to have a family residence just a skip away in case any major catastrophes occur. Here is the website for the location: Fernbank Lodge. The reason for picking this location was in the name...it's a "self-service lodge". Which might scare most people, but that's SO important to this wedding. Often times you are at mercy to whatever they give you...linens, food, etc. We wanted to be able to select food from wherever we wanted, as well as decorate as wacky and as kooky as we could create. Sure, it's TONS more work, but really...it's too fun to be work.

We've selected a photographer...the same ridiculous man that become legendary and my brother's wedding. I liked that he also had a fine art section....something that indicates that he doesn't JUST keep his mind within the normal commercial photographer. Plus, he spent enough time at that wedding taking pictures of Joe's hair, I figure he'll have a field day at ours. His website is here.

My dress(es) will hopefully *fingers crossed* be created by my place of business, VersAtelier Corsets. No specifics on this yet, but I can tell you that lots of pink will be involved and, of course, a corset! I also would LOVE to have an option for the after party...something vintage-y and flowy with a textured fabric and a fitted bust. Eddie should be designing it and I know he will do me proud.

These are the major items worked out right now...and of course, more to come!!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Tracy,
    This is just a test message to see if I can do it.
    Mary B

    ReplyDelete