Monday, March 9, 2009

Wedding Dress Inspiration!

Wedding dresses have never been my favorite thing. I love poofy...I love outlandish...but I've NEVER liked white. On top of that, when it comes to budget, the bridal industry rarely charges what the dress is actually worth. So, with our budget, to go for a traditional dress would not only bore me to tears, but I would NEVER get the quality I'd feel comfortable with.
I'm quite a lucky duckling...I work at one of the top corset makers in the world. Not only that, I have a close friend who's an AMAZING designer. I've been gathering inspiration photos from lots of vintage shops...primarily focusing on the 50's prom dress style. This is def. the overall feel I want for my main ceremony dress...something super glamorous, but really fun and party inspired. I want pink and black...mostly pink with black accents. GLAM. OUR.
I also want a 2nd dress for the party/dinner/after celebration, because I'm gonna be corseted to DEATH for the ceremony. I want a empire waist floor length with a fitted bust line...something with a textured fabric. This way, I'll still have a super fancy, elegant option, but I can breath and rock a flat shoe. I haven't decided on what color exactly...pink, hot pink, black, or maybe even a floaty grey (because it'd look SO hot with this gorgeous Tarina collection).
Here are some gorgeous dresses that are anything but ordinary. So inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment